Friday, November 5, 2010

Designer Michael Kampe

Again we realize another modern art inspired designer; Michael Kampe. His designs, or maybe we should say his art, are really impressive and eye-catching. Especially his 3D work with fabrics and denim treatments used in his "Exploded View" collection. And here's a tip, we're not the only ones who are impressed by his work. The men's wear designer is spotted by Viktor&Rolf and Diesel's Ronzo Rosso. He also won a big prize at Trieste's ITS#9 competition. Michael Kampe is from Berlin and he's years old. "Since I sketched my my first designs in art-class by the age of 18, I was infected. Then I thought myself tailoring only by "reading" clothes, so when I felt that my 2D ideas can become alive in 3D I knew that this was what I want to do." He explains. His biggest inspirations are artists and architects like Lebbeus Woods, Florian Baudrexel, E.V. Day and Lucy Mcrae. He mostly uses mix of digital printed cotton on foam, handbag leather, jersey with nylon and poplins with linen in his designs. And we think it's time to see all of these hilarious designs and interpret them in our own way.

No comments: